Online application is now open.
Application deadline: May 30, 2017
Admission to the Master of Science in Biological Sciences program is conducted on competitive basis. Applicants are expected to have:
- an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant discipline to be determined by the Admissions Committee;
- a minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00;
- standardized test reports IELTS/TOEFL must be submitted;
- three letters of recommendation;
- valid GRE Test Report (general test). Although an official GRE score is not an essential requirement, an applicant can enhance her/his application with a competitive GRE score.
The relevancy of the academic and experiential background and the equivalency and appropriateness of earlier degrees are determined by the Admissions Committee.
The absolute minimum requirement for English language proficiency test reports for admission to the Master of Science in Biological Sciences program is:
- Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0) or an equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website;
- Applicants at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
Applicants are required to complete and submit an online application.
To apply candidates must:
- create a personal account;
- log in the account and complete
the application form available in the section “My application forms”;
- make a payment (application
fee is 10 000 tenge for citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan or 28 000
tenge for non-citizens);
- attach electronic copies of
required documents following the checklist;
- and submit application before
Shortlisted applicants must provide original copies of all documents. Submission of complete application package does not guarantee admission to the Master of Science in Biological Sciences program.
All documents are submitted in English or with notarized English translation. Only official copies of academic degree documents (degree diploma and transcripts) will be accepted.
Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcripts be sent directly to the University. Standardized test reports must be sent by the official test administrator directly to the University.
◄ Go back