Online application for Doctor of Medicine program is open
Application deadline: May 14th, 2017
Applicants Must Meet the Following Criteria To Be Eligible to Enroll in the MD Program:
1. A bachelor’s degree and/or master’s degree (or equivalent).
2. A minimum grade point average of 3.00, based on a 4.00 point scale (or equivalent on a 5.00 point scale).
3. A mandatory level of English language proficiency equal to an IELTS score of 7.0 with no individual component falling below a 6.0 or a TOEFL score of 250 for Computer-Based Test (CBT), 600 for Paper-Based Test (PBT), or 100 for Internet-Based Test (IBT).
Any applicant, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate or graduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English;
- the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University.
4. MCAT score of 491 is required in order to be invited to an interview.
Every Applicant Must Submit an Application Package That Consists of the Following Documents:
1. Completed Application Form that can be accessed after registration at www.admissions.nu.edu.kz;
2. Two (minimum) to four (maximum) confidential letters of recommendation in English from senior faculty who taught the applicant in the course designated on his/her Application Form. At least two letters must be from faculty in science departments;
3. Notarized copy(s) of bachelor’s and (if available) master’s degree diploma(s) with transcript(s) (or equivalent) with a notarized English translation. Applicants who obtained bachelor’s and/or master’s degree diplomas (or their equivalents) from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcript(s) to be sent directly to the Admissions Department;
4. IELTS or TOEFL test report/certificate. In order for the score to be valid, the submitted IELTS/TOEFL score must be for a test taken no more than two years prior to application;
5. MCAT score. In order for the score to be valid, the submitted MCAT scores must be for a test taken no more than two years prior to application;
6. Valid written certification of the absence of a criminal record, issued by the Citizen Service Center;
7. Medical certificate (086у form);
8. Notarized scanned copy of the applicant’s identity card or passport.
◄ Go back