1. First or upper class second honours Bachelor`s degree (or equivalent: Cum Laude; Magna Cum Laude; and Summa Cum Laude) or a master’s degree in a cognate discipline;
2. At least 3 (three) years of relevant work experience. Based on GSPP’s Admissions Committee discretion, applicants with work experience less than 3 (three) years may also be considered if the applicant can demonstrate high academic performance as decided by the Admissions Committee.
How to apply:
Every applicant to the PhD in Public Policy program is required to submit a complete application package before the deadline.
The application package includes the following:
- Complete application form (available at www.admissions.nu.edu.kz);
- Official copy of degree diplomas/certificates with transcripts (with notarized English translation);
Applicants who obtained Bachelor`s and/or Master`s degree diploma (or it`s equivalent) from foreign educational intuitions must request their official final transcript (s) to be sent directly to the Nazarbayev University.
- Cover letter explaining the motivation to enroll on the program;
- Preliminary research proposal (2,000 words);
- IELTS test score – 6.5 (with no score below 6.0 in any element) or the equivalent TOEFL score;
Candidates who obtained university level degree in educational institutions with English as the language of instruction located in the countries where English is an official language and if the applicant is a graduate of Nazarbayev University can be exempted from providing IELTS/TOEFL results.
- GMAT or GRE (optional);
- Notarized copy of identity card or passport;
- Notarized copy of Labor card with English translation or another documented proof of work experience (if applicable);
- Two letters of recommendation.
◄ Go back