Online application for MSc in Civil Engineering is now open
Application deadline: April 30, 2017
1. an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s degree) in a relevant discipline. The relevancy of the degree is determined by the Admissions Committee;
2. a minimum CGPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale);
3. the required level of English proficiency. Overall IELTS test score of 6.5 (with sub-score requirements no less than 6.0), or the equivalent TOEFL score as posted on the ETS website. Applicants to the Master of Science in Civil Engineering program, at the discretion of the Admissions Committee, can be exempted from submitting the language proficiency test report if:
- one of their earlier academic degrees was earned in a country with English as the language of official communication, academic instruction and daily life;
- an undergraduate degree was earned in a program which was officially taught in English
How to apply
Applicants to the MSc in Civil Engineering program are required to complete and submit online the application form available at the University website (admissions.nu.edu.kz) as well as a complete package of admission documents, before the deadline. Admissions documents are submitted electronically.
- Complete Application form for Master of Science in Civil Engineering program (sign up at admissions.nu.edu.kz);
- Official copy of degree diplomas/certificates with transcripts (with notarized English translation);
- IELTS or TOEFL test report/certificate valid as of commencement of the program;
- Official copy of Passport or national ID (with notarized English translation);
- GRE test reports/certificates (may be submitted) valid as of commencement of the program;
- a curriculum vitae/resume (up to 2 pages) ;
- a statement of purpose for graduate studies (up to 1 page) ;
- two letters of recommendation.
Note: In case your application will progress to the next stage, you will be asked to provide the notarized and/or original copies of your application package to Graduate Admissions Department. Applicants who obtained their degree diplomas/certificates from foreign educational institutions must request their official transcripts be sent directly to the following address: Graduate Admissions Department, 53, Kabanbay Batyr ave., Astana 010000, Kazakhstan.
◄ Go back